All interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: Oversees and is able to perform all essential functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations of Branch by performing the following duties personally as well as through the direction of subordinates. In addition, the Branch Manager must be able to perform each function of the warehouse operation as part of their essential functions.
Essential Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned or required by Mgmt.
- Ensures that facility is in optimal working condition by making sure that all entries and exits are well lit; security and telephone systems are up to date; customer showroom, warehouse, and offices are in prime condition.
- Maintains and ensures that all company vehicles and equipment to include trucks, trailers, forklift and other company owned vehicles are in working order per state and federal guidelines. In addition, keeps all vehicles clean and ready for operation.
- Forwards all checks, cash receipts, and C.O.D. payments to the Corporate Accounts Receivable Department daily. Keeps branch petty cash balanced, up-to-date and secure.
- Approves all administrative invoices for branch.
- Strives to maintain and/or increase branch sales and gross profit goals as budgeted. Should be aware of branch sales and gross profit numbers daily and make decisions to effectively grow business and improve efficiencies.
- Maintains accurate and consistent inventory levels by performing daily cycle counts.
- Works with Purchasing Department to achieve minimum surplus, to ensure that inventory levels posted in the computer system are up-to-date and that product is available when needed.
- Interacts with Accounting Department to research and resolve customer and/or vendor invoice, credit, and returns and assists collectors on accounts receivable efforts for the branch.
- Keeps branch compliant with state and federal safety and OSHA laws by providing training to staff on a regular basis.
- Analyses lost sales and communicates reason and makes recommendations to Corporate Office. Researches and analyses branch targeted marketplace, competitors’ services, promotions, and pricing strategies and makes recommendations to Corp. Office.
- Authorizes and submits biweekly timecards for hourly employees.
- Coordinates warehousing and sales in accordance with policies and procedures established by Corporate Office.
- Manages and oversees Outside Sales Representatives to ensure that day-to-day operational procedures and guidelines are not compromised while meeting customer needs and drives the sales staff in determining sales technique and process for optimizing sales revenue.
Depending on branch size, will manage several employees including supervisors, line employees and department managers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all branch employees. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Must be hands on; demonstrate initiative by taking calculated risks when appropriate. Requires minimal supervision and is able to grasp operational concepts and direction within the first 30 – 60 days of employment. Proven experience in a distribution setting, preferably with exposure to, or actual experience in, the Horticultural industry. Previous hands on experience in a leadership role with the ability to develop, implement, and maintain controls and process. Strong team building skills with the ability to motivate, and build morale.
At least 5 years as a Branch Manager or Warehouse Manager required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform day-to-day tasks of the branch operations due to absences, staff shortages, or other extenuating circumstances. Therefore, the physical demands may include lifting up to 75lbs while loading and/or unloading trucks, operating a forklift, rounding, lifting, and placing an order in a customers car, taking and placing telephone or walk in orders, and possibly driving a truck to make local deliveries.