Transfer Driver (CDL-A)
All interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Title: Driver CDL A
Location(s): Morgantown, PA & Schenectady, NY &Richmond, VA
Description: Summary: Insures the correct, timely and safe delivery of Griffin Greenhouse Supplies products to customer locations. Represent the company in a professional manner while interfacing with customers on product, delivery, and other related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to destination while abiding by load safety, DOT and general safe driving guidelines. Able to drive 26,001 gross vehicle weight or more.
- Uses city, county, and, state maps.
- Listens to customer complaints ensuring that the appropriate department and/or personnel receive the complaint.
- Provides feedback to supervisor regarding customer complaints, or issues on pricing, quality, credit or need for sales representative interaction.
- Ensures the accuracy of bill of ladings and hazardous shipping paperwork.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Maintains truck log, mileage report, and other mandated forms according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains constant communication with supervisor on all aspects of delivery, traffic, weather conditions, or equipment failure.
- Unloads and loads truck by hand, very physical labor intensive when required, or use pallet jack or hand truck to make deliveries when feasible.
- Inspects truck, trailer, tires, lights, brakes, oil, and water to ensure load safety while complying with DOT standards.
- Performs minor repairs on clearance lights, and adjusts brakes if needed.
- Checks and breaks down loads frequently to ensure that product ride safely. Secures product with load bars or straps.
Equal Opportunity Employer