Outside Sales Representative Plants & Hard Goods Central/Northern California
All interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Description: Griffin Greenhouse Supplies is one of horticulture's premier distributors, serving greenhouse and nursery growers for more than 65 years with an outstanding reputation for operational excellence, high-quality products and superior customer service. The Griffin family of businesses leverages its combined strengths to deliver an Altogether. Better. experience to our customers. We operate 15 fully stocked service centers, serving all 50 states with a complete mix of hard goods, construction services and more. We seek the industry's best and brightest talent to join our Altogether. Better. team.
Territory is Central to Northern California
Sells horticultural products/plants and hard good products to wholesale/retail and residential businesses from sales office, store showroom, home office, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Talks with vendors and/or customers by telephone or in showroom to answer questions.
- Displays or demonstrates product using sample or catalog.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer.
- Prepares reports of business transactions, customers concerns.
- Completes and submits travel expenses for reimbursement on a biweekly basis.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Uses discretion when selling to customers ensuring creditworthiness.
- Notifies collectors, supervisor and owners of customer status. I.e. Good season, out of business or other facts pertinent to collection activities.
- Acts as liaison between customer and collectors to bring past due accounts up-to-date.
- Enter orders via Onliant online ordering system.
- Attends sales meetings.
- Must hold all internal Griffin information and communications confidential, unless otherwise instructed.
-Four year degree in Horticulture, or 4 years experience in Horticultural Plant Sales.
-A working knowledge of annuals - seed and vegetative, perennials, bulb and tropical's.
-Self Starter with the ability to build new relationships and become an asset to customers.
-A complete understanding of computer operations, windows, excel, Microsoft Office.
-Have a reliable vehicle able to meet the job requirements.
-Able to travel on the road four out of five days a week.
-Must be able to thrive and succeed in a Team sales environment.
-Has working knowledge of common insects and diseases effecting today's growers.
-Has practical growing experience in Horticulture.
Griffin is an Equal Opportunity Employer